Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mar 5, 2013 A Letter in the Mail

Hi everyone.  This is Adam's mom writing to let you know that he wasn't able to email us this week because of a scheduling conflict at the MTC.  However, we just got a letter in the mail this afternoon so I thought I would type it and send to all of you.  Thanks for all your support.  It means so much.    Angelique

Dear Family,                                                                                                    3/5/2013

I love getting letters from ya'll.  Please don't be offended if I don't write back and reply to every letter.  My writing time here is extremely limited. 

 We got the brownies a few days ago!  They were awesome!  And then today we got the donuts.  Wow, you guys must think they don't feed us well, huh?  We had somewhat of a district party to eat everything because it would take me and my companion by ourselves days and days to eat everything.  We pretty much can only eat junk food from 9:45-10:30/whenever we brush our teeth, so unless we eat like 4 every night, they go stale.

 Glad to hear Lubbock is getting so many new missionaries.  Almost all of Sister Casper's zone is going to Lubbock.  They're all leaving like a month before us.  The pool sounds awesome!  It seems like by the time it's all built and everything I won't be at home very often to enjoy it.  Darn.  I hope you guys love it though!  I know ya'll will.

  Now addressing things Dad asked about in his recent letters.  He asked me to talk about why my testimony of the atonement had grown since I arrived.  I can think of three very specific times when I felt that I received a personal answer about the truthfulness of the gospel:  when I was 8 and praying about the Book of Mormon for the first time; when I was 17, teaching with the missionaries about the Restoration; and in my first week here at the MTC. 

 We had a speaker who had been a mission president, and was talking about an experience he had with one of his missionaries.  Long story short, the missionary was told he needed a testimony of the restoration.  He prayed fervently and received a personal witness.  While listening to this talk I found myself thinking about the Atonement.  I couldn't get it out of my head all night.  I realized that though I believed in the power of the Atonement, I had never knelt and thanked my Savior for His sacrifice for me.

  That night after everyone was asleep, I knelt and prayed and did just that.  I asked why he would do something so difficult for me, and thanked Him as fervently as I was able.  As I was finishing my prayer I was absolutely overcome by the magnitude of the act the Savior performed for me.  I felt so loved and wanted, and I knew in that moment that Jesus Christ suffered and died for my sins personally, and I can't explain it, but I know he loves me.  It was a beautiful experience.  To quote what has become one of my favorite hymns since coming here, "Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives, I know that my Redeemer lives!"  I want to let the whole world know it.  I love ya'll.  The Church is true!    Love,  Adam

P.S.  Sorry I didn't manage to get to emailing today, we had a scheduling mess up with moving furniture into rooms here so we got stuck pushing dressers around for an hour or so.  Sorry!  Tell Uncle Bri I would like Romans 1:16 on my missionary plaque.  Thanks!

This was posted in our bathroom above the urinal because the air freshner gets us.
Caution:  This air freshner has it out for your eyes.  If you value your vision, you may want to duck your head while you do your business.  Keep the Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment